When it comes to selecting the right door hardware and locks for your home, office, or commercial property, you’ll want to consult someone who’s up-to-date on the latest in technology. Once you’ve found the right hardware for your needs, you’ll also need a certified, reliable locksmith to complete the install. Here in metro Atlanta, you can get the best of both worlds from the team at Reliable Locksmith. We pride ourselves on excellent service, competitive pricing, and staying current with our knowledge of the latest products on the market. Our crews are licensed and insured, and also trained to offer great advice for matching hardware with your décor, and matching locks with your security needs. In order to help you get started with the hardware selection process, here is a helpful door hardware guide. When you’re ready to get a free quote, call your friends here at Reliable Locksmith, the Atlanta door hardware experts!
What to Look For In Locks and Hardware
- Do your research! Check the ratings on various brands and don’t accept subpar products. Great brands like Schlage and Medeco can make a huge difference.
- Know what type of lock you’re getting. Is it a deadbolt or a basic key-in-knob style? Not all deadbolts are created equal either, so make sure you’re getting the best.
- Consider added security options and parts. Check out some of the modern technology such as fingerprint access or keypads that can be reprogrammed quickly.
- Are the parts adequate? The strike plate that attaches to the door should be stout, and the locks should have hardened cylinders.
- Know the components. Besides hardened cylinders, look for unique pin configurations.
- Make sure the door frame is adequate. Install a heavy-duty metal strike and the hinges with at least 3 inch screws.
- Don’t be afraid to ask advice from a trusted locksmith professional!